Intro

This blog gains its name from the book Steele's Answers published in 1912. It began as an effort to blog through that book, posting each of the Questions and Answers in the book in the order in which they appeared. I started this on Dec. 10, 2011. I completed blogging from that book on July 11, 2015. Along the way, I began to also post snippets from Dr. Steele's other writings — and from some other holiness writers of his times. Since then, I have begun adding material from his Bible commentaries. I also re-blog many of the old posts.

Friday, February 17, 2012

A Note from the Editor: re Old Books

This arrived today in my email inbox:

Greetings in the name of Him who is able.  I have a copy of Dr. Daniel Steele's   The Gospel of the Comforter.   It is in perfect condition.  How can I obtain more copies of this great work?   I wish to make it a gift to some of my friends.                     Yours in the power of HIs resurrection. 

Sad to say, I do not have a good reply to this. For those who are in search of material like this, all I can say is:

These people might be able to help: http://www.wesleyanbooks.com/

But, it depends upon what they have recently reprinted, what is available, etc. And, this I do not know.

I dimly recall that there was an abridged version of The Gospel of the Comforter that was printed years ago, but I don't remember much about it.

For used books you could try Abebooks: http://www.abebooks.com/

If anybody out there knows more about this than I do, I would appreciate the information.

2 comments:

  1. Looks like Abebooks has several copies. Might also check with Windows Books, who are also connected to Wipf&Stock which does reprints of theological works. The electronic version is on google books: http://books.google.com/ebooks/reader?id=GopJAAAAYAAJ&printsec=frontcover&output=reader

    ReplyDelete